Chairperson of the Board
Dr W G O’Hare CBE DL
Dr. Gerard O’Hare CBE DL FRICS is Chairman and Managing Director The Parker Green Group which manages an extensive portfolio of Irish, UK and International Property and Investments.
Dr O’Hare is currently Chair and Trustee of the Air Ambulance Northern Ireland. He is a visiting Professor at the University of Ulster and at the Harvard Graduate School of Design.
Dr O Hare is also a Board Member of:
• Belfast Harbour Commissioners
• Invest Northern Ireland
• Northern Ireland Council – The Prince’s Trust
• Business in the Community for Northern Ireland
• Institute for International Urban Development, Cambridge, Massachusetts
• The International Centre for Local & Regional Development
Dr O’Hare is also:
• Chairman of The Prince’s Trust Southern Area Regional Board in Northern Ireland
• An active member of the Institute of Directors
• A member of The Confederation of British Industry
• Chairman of Tall Ships Belfast 2009 and 2015
In June 2009, HRH Prince Charles appointed Dr O’Hare as his Ambassador for Business and Corporate Social Responsibility.
In October 2009, Dr O’Hare, along with Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama, received a joint Lambda Alpha International Award for International Urban Affairs. Dr O’Hare also recently received the coveted Maritime Lifetime Award from Ocean Youth Trust of Ireland.
Dr O’Hare was included in the New Years Honours List 2009 whereupon he was awarded the CBE Honours from Her Majesty The Queen.
In 2012, Dr O’Hare was appointed as Honorary Consul for the Republic of Latvia in Northern Ireland.
More recently, Dr O’Hare has also been assigned as a Deputy Lieutenant for Co. Down.
As a philanthropist, Dr O’Hare personally supports many charitable programmes both at home and across the world not least in South America, Africa and Asia and inspires many more to help.